Monday, March 17, 2008

Wright Family Easter Egg Hunt...

After the 10K on Saturday we had a Easter Egg Hunt and lunch at our house for the part of Jared's family that could come. It is always so much fun to get together with them. We had a yummy lunch and then Connor helped me hide eggs around the house (I would have liked to have the hunt outside but it was a little too cold) for all the little kids. Mallory had fallen asleep in the car on the way home from my mom's and woke up just in time for the hunt. I was so glad she didn't miss out. I made a easter bucket filled with little easter treats for each of the kids and after wished that I had done one for everyone. All the cousins seemed to have fun running around the house looking for eggs filled with candy and I had fun watching all the excitement. We also sang Happy Birthday to Jared, I ran out of time to make the cupcakes I was planning so I put a candle in a cookie and called it good. Good thing he is easy to please.
Once everyone had gone home we had decided that we were going to see Erin's new home in Grantsville and were on our way when I started feeling really sick. I grabbed the bowl that was in the back seat and Jared turned the car around and we headed back home. I had caught whatever the girls have had over the past couple days and it was not fun. I spent the rest of the weekend in bed. I am crossing my fingers that Jared doesn't catch it so we can be done with this nasty bug.

6 comments:

Bryn said...

I'm dying right now because Macy was sick and throwing up last Sunday and Monday and I thought she was completely better when I took her to co-op on Wed. but maybe she wasn't and gave it to your girls. I hope that wasn't the case, but if it was I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! I feel just terrible! Especially since you got sick and had to turn back home and be sick for days.
But, I will say that I'm super impressed that you ran a marathon and that you actually want to run more! Good for you guys!

NatRat said...

What a fun easter egg hunt and Happy Birthday to Jared! Good job on the run Casi! Keep it up, the more you run the better it gets and you just will LOVE it. Who knows you might already love it.

Mallory is darling in her princess dress...I can't wait until Peiton will be interested in stuff like that. What a fun little date.

Tracy Collings said...

I'm so sorry you got sick! We sure enjoyed the day. Hope you get feeling better.
Tracy

Lyndee said...

How fun! I love you had it in your house. I bet the kids had so much fun. So sorry you got sick that is so awful to have the flu bug.

Marianne said...

I had no idea you guys were sick! That night at Nanna's I thought Mal was just teasing and just way too tired:) Look's like you guys had a fun weekend none the less. Hope you had fun last night, sorry we didn't make it.

Jennifer said...

We missed you guys Friday night. I hope your family is feeling better! Being sick is no fun! Especially when it falls on Co-op night. Happy B-day Jared.