Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Carving Pumpkins

Lily's 1st time feeling inside a pumpkin. I am not sure she loved the experience


Mal's diggin' right in

Jared and Mal designing her pumpkin face


I think Lily preferred the spoon with the really long handle to clean out her pumpkin

It took us a while to get around to carving the pumpkin but we finally did it last night. The girls had a lot of fun. Mal told Jared that she wanted to name her pumpkin "Jack O' Lantern" Jared told her that was a great idea and he is sure no one had ever thought of that before.

6 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

At least you carved pumpkins. We have been meaning to do it the last two nights and have just run out of time. Is it awful to do it tomorrow November 1st? Happy Halloween!

Laura said...

what is it about little girls and pumpkin guts - kyle wont touch the inside without gloves. last year she wouldn't come near the pumpkin carving and kept gagging because she said it stunk. weird! love the jack o lantern story!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm a big copy cat and used your darling blog to help mine out. You are the master blogger! Your kids are also adorable! I can't help but squish them when their at my house!

Mrs. Misses said...

Cam wouldn't touch the "guts" either. This is really the first year that we ever put up any decorations. It's all over-rated, I'm sure. Loving the adorable slideshows!

Anonymous said...

I love that you let them help. The extent of letting them help was Kenlie picked out the pattern and saw her dad take the first scoop with a "Eww!! What's that in there for, dad?" And then it was over. We came with carmel apples, but you weren't home. I really wanted to get pictures of the girls together. I should have come to the Halloween playgroup, huh?

Tera said...

Carving pumpkins is my favorite part of Halloween! Combining little girls with pumpkin carving is a real adventure! Fun Fun!