Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkins and Ghosts and WITCHES, Oh My

Every year I take my girls to Gardener Village to see the witches. Mallory has always had fun looking at the witches from a distance but will not get close to them for a picture unless my mom, Marianne, Amy, or myself is in the picture with her. This year she made a huge leap forward. There is one particular witch sitting on a bench with her arm out so when the kids sit down it is like her arm is around them. Every year we go and sit by this witch and this year Mallory sat down next to her (after her 3 month old cousin Logan showed her it was okay) and had her picture taken all by herself. Lily is in the stage where she is not sure what to think of any stranger much less a witch with a green face and funny teeth. She wanted nothing to do with them. She was happy just walking around and holding her Nana's hand. There was a witch that had a cat and mouse running around under her dress and Mallory asked me "Mommy are you sure that cat is not real?" before she would even go near the witch for the picture. The girls were also able to feed the ducks and fish while we were there. I think this was Lily's favorite part. She kept asking for more bread to throw in the water. There was one thing missing this year from our annual trip to see the witches and that was Amy, Tanner and Bryn. We miss you guys! This is a fun tradition for me and the girls, one day they will love to go there with me to go in all the fun shops but for now we will enjoy the witches.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories. And the pictures to go along with it is so perfect. It's crazy, but I've missed your kids too. Can't wait to see them when I get home.