Friday, November 2, 2007

HALLOWEEN


My Little princess and Cheerleader

For the first time since I have been a parent, Halloween was a nice relaxing day. Usually I try to do too much and see too many people so by the end of the day the girls are too tired to go Trick-or-Treating.
This year we went to our playgroup Halloween party. The girls got to wear their costume, make spiders out of pipe cleaner, eat cupcakes (Mal's favorite part, that girl loves her cake), and play with their friends.
The girls then had a great nap that made the rest of the day so much fun. When Jared got home from work Mallory was sooo ready to go trick-or-treating and I was sooo ready for her to go. This was the first year Jared hasn't had class on Halloween night since we had kids so it was fun for him to be here and be able to take the girls out. They went with the Duncan's and had a great time. Lily came home a little early because it was too cold for her but I knew she had a great time when she came in saying "TREATS. TREATS, TREATS!" She couldn't get her little hands on the candy fast enough. She carried her pumpkin basket around with her the rest of the night just happy to have as many treats as she possibly could handle. By 9:00 when it was time to go to bed she was on a sugar high. It just occured to me that may be the reason she didn't sleep well that night.

Trick or Treating with the Duncans

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I bet Scott can't wait to go out trick or treating with Logan. We'll have to see if I can "trick" Scott into wearing a costume too.

Unknown said...

Your girls are adorable! We sure miss you y'all!

Bryn said...

That picture of Lily in her cheerleader costume kills me! It's so cute! And Mallory as Cinderella is so fitting!

Anonymous said...

So glad Mal went for the Cinderella still. I think Kenlie and Raegan would have called her out on switching to Sleeping Beauty. I wish we could have hooked up to get fun pictures of the girls. Maybe next year right?

Tracy Collings said...

Your girls are adorable. I'm all for and easy Halloween. It's always fun reading your posts.
Tracy

Tera said...

Cute. Cute. Cute. Need I say more? Love you guys!