Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa Came Knocking


During the month of December, like a lot of parents, we tell our girls that Santa is watching them so they better be good. Jared's family has a really fun tradition of Santa knocking on the window to remind you he is watching, we started doing this with our girls last year. When Santa knocks then you run as fast as you can to see if you can catch him. If you catch him then he gives you a present. Well Mallory and Lily didn't catch him this year but as he was running away he dropped two presents in the snow. Jared carried Mallory outside and they got the presents. Both Mallory and Lily were so excited. Mallory got Clarice, the girl reindeer from build a bear, and Lily got the Leap Frog Letter Factory Magnet. When Mallory opened her present she squealed with excitement and Clarice hasn't left her side since. Mallory is even teaching Clarice to say her prays (it is so dang cute). Lily has also loved the Letter Factory she will sit in front of the fridge and play with it for quite a while. This has to be the funnest Christmas season for me that I can remember, I think I am more excited for Christmas morning than Mallory.

6 comments:

Tera said...

Santa hasn't knocked on our window yet. I think he's trying to figure out how to reach our second story windows.

Tracy Collings said...

Your kids are at such a fun age. It's great to see their excitement.

We're All Wright said...

Wow! Santa hasn't knocked on my window yet. I wonder why he quit when the kids left...I still believe!!! What a good idea for him to drop some presents!!! You guys are such cute parents. XOXO Mom

NatRat said...

What a fun idea...I bet the girls love that. I would!

brandy said...

That is the CUTEST tradition...Santa might have to drop presents off to us next year!! Great idea!! By the way...I lOVE the songs that are playing right now. Fergie is the best! Izy and I are jammin' out right now!!

Mrs. Misses said...

You guys are so adorable to make things so exciting for them. How fun!