Monday, December 10, 2007

"Mom, just love the Butterflies"

This morning I was busy cleaning the house and Mallory found some funny looking butterfly clips that she wanted in her hair. I didn't want to take my rubber gloves off to put them in her hair so I told her that I didn't really like them. A few minutes later she came back with the clips in her hair, I gave her half a smile and she looked at me with the biggest grin and said, "Mom just love the Butterflies". I laughed out loud at the look on her face and the comment that followed. She has worn the clips all day and even made sure that her dance teacher noticed that she was wearing butterflies in her hair. On our way to dance she did something and I called her a turkey. She put her hands on her hips and said, "Mom I am not a turkey, I am a butterfly princess." Some days she seriously cracks me up. She comes up with the darndest things to say.

3 comments:

Bench Family said...

You seriously have to love that girl!

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing. She seriously has been blessed with great whit and such an imagination. Love that she has the confidence to know that it's ok if she's the only one that likes the butterflies. I can't wait till she puts on her first adult bikini and says, "Mom just love it." Cross that bridge when you get there right? Most girls would die for her confidence, good on you for instilling that in her.

Bump and Erin said...

so funny!!