Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Look Mom I Can Swim!

For the last 3 weeks the girls have been taking swimming lessons. They are taking lessons at the same private pool I took at when I was little. It is fun to go back to places I went when I was little and remember the fun times. They have absolutely loved every minute of it. When it is not a day we have lessons they beg to go swimming. It is amazing how much they can learn in 3 weeks. Both of them are going off the diving board and can swim short distances without help. I haven't seen Lily swim by herself but her teacher tells me that she can.
Mallory had a hard time staying on the step when it wasn't her turn to swim with her teacher so she spent at least one of her turns sitting on the side of the pool. It took her 2 weeks but she was successful at sitting on the step for her entire lesson. She was so proud of herself when her lessons were over she wanted to call her dad right away and tell him she sat on the step the whole time. She asked Jared "can we go in my room and talk about it but this time leave the door open and Lily could even come in too." Jared and Mal have spent a lot of time in her room talking about how it's important to listen and obey. She also wanted to call her Nana and everyone that she knew to tell them how good she did at swimming lessons. It was so fun to have her so excited about something good she did. I hope she can be that excited after her last lesson today.

The hardest part of swimming lessons for Lily was waiting for 1/2 hour for her lessons to start.



Practicing on the side of the pool
Mallory jumping off the diving board
Lily would always put her arms above her head like she was going to dive and then swing her arms back and jumpThe Big Jump

8 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

Too cute! I want to get my kids in swimming lessons in the spring, I want to do private lessons too. I will have to get the name and number of the person that you used. Glad to see you back to blogging. :)

NatRat said...

It is always such a relief when your kids can swim....it doesn't make the pool so fearful.

I love the new look and we will see you tomorrow!

Tera said...

I love your layout. So cute! I can't believe your kids can swim. That is so cool. I am so impressed that they are diving off the diving board. Way to go!!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I wanted to sign up the kids for lessons but John said we could save money and just teach them ourselves. Austin can swim but it's pretty frightening to watch. Your girls are getting so big.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I wanted to sign up the kids for lessons but John said we could save money and just teach them ourselves. Austin can swim but it's pretty frightening to watch. Your girls are getting so big.

Bump and Erin said...

Water and little kids just freak me out! I need to get my kids in swimming lessons. I can't believe that even Lily can swim now - how cool is that?

I love the new background, by the way. Is Jared sad to have it be the Wright 5 now instead of his lucky 4? It's a good trade off to finally get his boy, right?

Lyndee said...

I took swimming lessons there for years and years. I can't believe how great your girls are doing at swimming. I love the diving board picture.

Michelle said...

Fun,fun,fun!!! What awesome little :) It was good to see you the other day. We need to get together more often.