Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We're having a .....

On Monday morning we went to have the ultrasound to find out if the baby was a boy or girl. We took the girls and Mallory was so excited to see a picture of her new baby. Everyday she talks to my belly and gives it kisses. It is so fun to see her get so excited to have this new little baby. It seems like it took them forever to check all of the parts to make sure it was okay and then finally we found out that we are having a BOY. Jared and I had both thought that this is what we were going to be having but I couldn't be 100% confident because I was sure Lily was a boy and was dead wrong.
SO the next question we have been asked is do we have a name picked out. The answer is Yes. This may surprise a lot of people since Jared and I haven't been able to agree on any names until this one. It is a very old fashion name but we definitely know this is what his name should be. About a month and a half ago while I was doing my hair this name came into my mind with the thought that this was was our baby should be named. I was sure that Jared was going to shoot it down the second I told him but his reaction was totally opposite. He said "Ya that is what it should be." I was very surprised that he was going for it but it has stuck so our baby will be named Lewis after my Grandpa Merrill. We are still not positive on the middle name but will probably use another grandpa's name. I guess there won't be anymore disagreements about boys names, at least not until next time. It has taken some time but the name has started to grow on me.
We are so excited to be having a boy. There are many reasons that a girl would have been easier but the more we talk about it the more excited we get to have this little boy come to our family. Jared is already talking about the future football games, how we are going to hang a "fathead" on the wall of his nursery. It is so fun to think about having a new baby.

23 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

Again, I am sooo excited for you! Can't wait to see the awesome BYU nursery :). We need to get the girls together soon! Congrats again!

Jana said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Becky said...

How fun!! I really like the name choice, and I bet you'll love adding a boy to the ranks. Congratulations!

SoCalWrightSquad said...

Congrats you guys! We are so excited to see who he looks like--as for the big head, that's a given! People are still comenting on Abby's big head and she's almost two. :-) We'll be sending his "Future Bruin" shirt soon...just kidding! I guess as long as we stick with something blue, right?! Love you guys--Julie

Sharlynn said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I also caught that you might have problems agreeing on a name on the NEXT one. You are already thinking of having another child? That is how you end up with like 10 kids. You go girl. Also I tried to call you the other day but I guess you changed your number. Natalie has been begging and begging me to play with Mal. If you are feeling up to it or need a break let me know.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

So exciting. I love boys! Someday hopefully a girl. I hope you are feeling well. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever.

Mrs.Mayne said...

That is so fun. Call me bias, but I think boys are the funnest. And I love, love, love the name. I am totally into those different but not made up names.

Marianne said...

Welcome to the other sid eof the store. You'll find pink doesn't have it all!!!

Tera said...

Congratulations! I absolutely love the name choice. I am so happy for you. Boys are so different thant girls, but so much fun. You are in for a real adventure!

Bump and Erin said...

Rise and shout the word is out!!! Wooo hooo!! We are excited for you guys. Lewis is a dang cute name and I am sure it will suit him when you meet him! Love you guys!

Shayla said...

Congrats!!

Laura said...

yeah...a boy! it will be so much fun to have a boy after your two darling girls! we had a great time at family dinner the other night. it just was just nice to sit and catch up....sorry we had to take off early! cant wait to meet baby lewis!

ronandgus said...

Awesome guys way to go. Welcome to the world of frogs, and snails and puppy dog tales. That's what little boys are made of, just ask Ron and I.
Ron & Gus

We're All Wright said...

My Uncle Jared Dickson, (Who you were named after) wifes maiden name was Lewis. It is a great name! I hope Lewis can grow up to be as wonderful as his dad.

Jennifer said...

That is so awesome! We are so excited for you guys. Now maybe with your boy and ours on the way we can help even out the BOY vs. GIRL ratio at co-op ;)

NatRat said...

Yeah! You will LOVE a boy! They are so much fun. The name Lewis is darling. Congrats, congrats!

Kimi D said...

whoo hoo!

Mandy said...

Congratulations! That will be fun to have a boy in your home and I do like the name. It's cute! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Congrats. You will love having a baby boy. I love, love, love his name.

Doney Days said...

Congrats! It's fun to have little of both worlds! Hope you're feeling ok!

Lyndee said...

Congrats! You are going to have so much fun with your little guy. Boys are so much fun.

I need to get your email address. I am going private. Can you leave it on my blog.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys and love the name. We can't wait to get him here.

Mrs. Misses said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Just what Jared needed. Tell him Rhett and I say HI and we hope you are feeling well. Don't forget to have a baby shower, even if it is your third baby. You deserve it!