Sunday, April 20, 2008

Salt Lake Half Marathon

So after 9 months of training the time was finally here to run the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon. The Saturday before I had run 10 miles and it was a breeze and I thought 3 more miles, what's the big deal. I was really pumped to finally be able to say that I had run a 1/2 marathon. I had been training with Mandy Brown for the last 2 months before the race and at the last minute she decided to do the race also. Jared hadn't been training but had been planning on running the 1/2 so he decided if he just stuck with me he would be able to finish the race. I am stilll a little bitter that he didn't have to train and can just run 13.1 miles. I am glad that he could because it was fun having him there and being able to do this with him. The race went well and the best feeling was running the last little bit with a 100 people cheering and actually hearing your name. I saw Natalie and her family, and my mom and dad brought Mal and Lil to see us finish the race. To finally cross the finish line after 2 1/2 hours was such a great feeling of accomplishment. It was a great feeling to know that I set this goal and I had just accomplished it. I think as a mom I just go through the day to day without setting enough goals for myself. So it was great to finish this. As soon as we crossed the finish line and had picked up out medals I started to get tunnel vision and started seeing stars. I grabbed Jared arm and told him to catch me if I fainted. I don't remember ever feeling so sick. It was like my body went into shock. It was horrible. I was so confused as to why 3 more miles than I had done the week before would make me more sick. A few days after the race I found out that I was pregnant so maybe that had something to do with it.


Jared, me, and Mandy before the race.
Jared and I before the race.

We had just run by the girls and my mom and dad. They were as excited to see us as we were to see them.
Mallory likes to show her friends the medals Jared and I got and tell them that we won the race. It is so cute the way she loves to support us.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

way to go Casi-o!
Hello! It's Mandy (Heather's Sista)
How are you? I view your blog every once in a while and your family is so cute. Your girls look like you. Good job on the 1/2. That's awesome!
Congrats on the baby!!!
love
Me

Michelle said...

Yeah casi. That is so awesome. I started my training for a 1/2, today I ran across the street and back:) hee hee! I think it is so awesome that you did this, You are an inspiration!

Heather said...

It is about time lady! Glad to see that you finished your marathon! I am really proud of ya! Hey, and good job to good old Jared on graduating! That is cool too!