Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow

Trying to warm up after the trip into the cabin...



Lily and Corbin had fun dressing themselves to go outside...






















A couple weeks ago we took Erin and Bump up to my parents cabin for a quick weekend trip. We were planning on taking the smowmobiles but because of a few complications we were unable to get them up. I had never been to the cabin in the winter time without the snowmobiles so I had no idea what to expect. When we got to the parking lot I thought it looked like a lot more snow than I remember. Because we didn't have the sleds Jared, Bump and I decided to walk in and Erin would stay with the kids in a warm car until we could get the heat going in the cabin. I took the first step into the fresh snow and sunk to my waist. I turned to Jared and told him there was no way I was walking clear to the cabin in this!!! I turned to go back to the car, I was ready to head home. Jared told me there was no way we were driving home that night and to walk behind him and follow his tracks. It took us 10 minutes to walk 50 yards, we were all carrying as much as we could so there would be less trips back to the car. Oh, did I mention it was 3 degrees outside, it was so cold I could feel my nose hairs freeze, a very wierd sensation for me. Once we were all inside it was about 12:30 am and everyone was ready for bed. The next day we relaxed and took the kids out to play in the snow. The snow was so deep that the playing in the snow didn't last very long because they would sink as soon as the stepped off the trail that was made the night before. We had a great time and I am glad that we made the first trip into the cabin instead of turning around and heading home.

2 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

We had so much fun!!! What an adventure!

Bench Family said...

Fun pictures of the cabin. Maybe there will still be some snow there when we visit in July!! :)