Friday, January 18, 2008

"Mom we're having a concert!"

Early this morning both the girls woke up, and when I say early I mean like 4:30 early, it isn't completely unsual around our house but usually I can get them to go back to sleep well this morning they didn't want to go back to sleep. I was a little frustrated (maybe a lot frustrated) because it usually means a really hard rest of the day. Before Jared left for work I told him that we needed to have family prayer because I was going to need all the help I could get. So we did, he left, and this is how the rest of the morning went....
Mallory and Lily just played with each other for over 2 hours, not once did either of them come crying to me. They played with their dolls, I came out into the living room and they had put them down for a nap and covered them with blankets. Then they went into Mallory's room and gotten out her swimsuits. Mallory put one of hers on and brought me another one for Lily and said, "mommy will you put this on Lily, we need to get ready for our concert." I thought, what kind of concert is this girl going to??? (I'll tell you she is still wanting it to be summer. I have yet to convince her that it is winter time.) After I put the swimming suit on Lily I followed them just so I could enjoy the concert also. They got up on the couch and started dancing and singing. It was so fun to watch them together and they were getting along so well. After their concert I found them in Mallory's room and Mal was reading Lily a book and Lily would start giggling so hard as soon as Mal would turn the page and start talking again.
Mallory still has a pair of shorts on, they are shoved up inside her swimming suit.

I'll tell you what, little prayers work!!!!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that post! What sweet girls. You know Friday was so nice because all the kids played really well together. Especially the little ones. The all just seemed to get along and enjoy each other. Seems like they are all starting to get to a fun age where they enjoy the company of a sibling versus just getting annoyed with them. Cute pix!

Tracy Collings said...

When they wake up at 4:30, does that mean they go to bed early? I love the swim suit over the clothes. They are cuties!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Glad you could still smile at their fun concert and stories at 4:30. I would have gone back to bed and woke up when I heard screaming. Don't call social services on me though, okay!! Love those two.

Bump and Erin said...

I swear it was something about the day! I had the same thing happen with Gabby and Corban. They played better all day than they have for weeks - it was AMAZING and I got so much done around the house!!! I just love days like that - we need them more!

Tera said...

SO CUTE! Mallory has such an imagination! The swimming suits are classic. Next time they decide to have a concert, you should sell tickets. I would definitely pay to see that.

Laura said...

sounds like you have angel kids...and it always takes a prayer to get me through my day!

Bryn said...

How Fun! I was thinking of wearing my swimsuit to my next concert as well, over my clothes of course. I just love these ages of our girls, it really is perfect, most of the time. And yes, a little prayer definately helps.

NatRat said...

Don't you love the days when your kids will just play with each other, you don't have to stop any fighting...basically you don't have to do anything and they entertain you instead of you having to entertain them. They are darling.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

God blesses us with these days every once in a while to remind us why we wanted kids so badly! So cute.

Mrs. Misses said...

Again, even with the swimsuits they are both more stylish than me. Haha, they are adorable. You are a patient, positive mom to put up with it all. I groan when the kids are up at 830am! Sounds like a fun day. I need to pray for days like that more often.

Lyndee said...

They are so cute. I love how well they play together. I wish my girls would get along like that.

Heather said...

You have the cutest kids!

kassie said...

Your girls are so cute!! It is so fun to watch them and see what little things keep them so happy and busy.

Lyndee said...

Casi,
I need your help. hoe did you do your slideshow?

Brilliantly Bridge said...

Casi, Be my blogging friend please. The story about your girls made me laugh and cry. I love having girls close together. I am going to put you on my page okey dokey! Let's plan a reunion! Love ya, Nikki

We're All Wright said...

I loved it! Next time hit that button on your camera that says video. We all want to see it. XOXO Mom

Becky said...

How sweet. It is fun to see pictures of them -- they are growing up!

Becky (Adam's wife)