Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lily's Growing Up


Lily has decided that staying in her crib is not something she wants to do (when she decides something it is really hard if not impossible to change her mind, this could be good for her when she grows up but right now I am having just a little bit of a hard time with it) she keeps throwing herself out of it. So because we can't keep her in her crib and it is a little dangerous to keep trying we decided to pull out the toddler bed and set it up for her in Mallory's room. As soon as we told her that she was going to sleep in a big girl bed she was so excited (it really is amazing to me how much she understands at such a young age). She wanted to be there with her daddy every step up the process. She kept looking at him saying "Daddy, my bed?" When he would say yes she would get the biggest grin on her face.


She has even been sleeping through the night again!!!! We went for about a month with her waking up at 2:00 or 2:30 and it was killing us. So Jared and I are a lot happier now that we are getting more sleep.


Right after her bed was made she jumped in!



She is actually sleeping in it, Yeah!!!


The morning after her first night in the bed she came to me and said, "I go potty in toilet." I am pretty sure I am not ready for that step in her life to be here. She thinks she is so big and should be able to do everything Mallory does already. She will even remind Jared to "buckle" when he doesn't have his seatbelt on in the car. The thing I love to hear her say the most is "I WUV you mommy." She will say it everytime I tell her I love her. She has so much personality and is saying just about everything. I rarely have to wonder what she is asking for.

6 comments:

We're All Wright said...

She is such an angel. I love watching her grow up! XOXO Mom

Unknown said...

She reminds me of Lacey. Lacey thought when I said no it ment I didn't think she could do it and she would set out to prove me wrong. She didn't understand at all why I would get mad. She thought she should be treate like she was the same age as the other girls and potty trained herself at 18 mos and was riding a two wheeler at 3. Watch out for determined daughters!

NatRat said...

Man...when she has her mind set to something she doesn't give up. Maybe you should try the whole potty thing, she just might know what she is talking about. Lucky you! She is darling...I hope she is feeling better. (She didn't seem too happy at Target) :)

Mrs. Misses said...

What a fun transition! She is such a sweetheart. Hopefully, the sleeping through the night continues, although....it really is a constant struggle. Even with Cam being almost 4 he still has his nights, but they are few and far between. But it IS so fun when they really start communicating and interacting.

Tera said...

I can't believe how big she is! I can't imagine trying to put TJ in a "big-boy" bed just yet. Too cute!

Becky said...

Wow, what a big girl!